This week, I would like to remind us of what most of us already know which is we can achieve success in anything we commit to and that success is not for sale. Maybe I should add to it that is not on sale also… no discount is available on true success.
Success can be the accomplishment of an aim or purpose. While a lot of people use wealth as a means to measure success which is not wrong, I personally see Success as the achievement of something desired, worked for or the gaining of fame. In short, Real success in life is achieving the goals that matter to you the most. So, what are those goals that matter to you this year and how have you planned to achieve them?
The desire to achieve success is inherent in every human being. It is the desire to grow, do more, achieve more, and to make one’s dreams come true. Your dreams can become your reality, if you have a strong desire and are determined to succeed. If you have noticed, everything I have said about success has something tied to it and that is the YOU and something to do.
Success is not free, true success is not a gift, It is a process, It is the end result of a desired goal, commitment, hard work, determination, good choices and faith in oneself. Even though the result of success can happen overnight, the path to that success wasn’t overnight.
Think about every success you have had; think about all the success speech you have listened to. When people talk it, they mostly talk about what was achieved and not the how, not the pain, not the cries, not the hustle, not the sad moments, have you wondered why? I don’t know either but that tells me that people would rather only share your success and not your time towards success, your pain and definitely not your failure. It is on you to make sure you turn your pain to success. Like ET would say, if you are already in pain, finish that lane or path and get a reward for it, why quit now.
Every success story has the race part but it is only a success story when you cross the finish line else it’s just fable.
As children, many of us learn about the wondrous process by which a caterpillar morphs into a butterfly. To summarize it, to become a butterfly, a caterpillar first digests itself. But certain groups of cells survive, turning the soup into eyes, wings, antennae and other adult structures. If you truncate this process, we will never see our butterfly. Allow me to make a comparism here, that your success is a process and while you have mapped out what’s important to you in life, find out the how and work through your process to achieve your success.
I don’t where you love or what stage your life is right now, what I do know is that you can achieve success. So, if success is not for sale, what must you pay to achieve it? Let’s talk about 3 things that I think can help you
- Have a clear goal for what you want to achieve, a strong desire to see it through, Be a dreamer and everyday see yourself at the finish line winning and if you must, use affirmations. It’s a general rule, with a strong belief and determination, you can make the necessary changes in your life.
- Use your time wisely – Treat your time like money in the bank. What do you spend it on? Don’t waste your time. Every day that passes is like an amount of money that you drew from your account. If you are careful with your money, you should be also careful with your time. Spend it on something that helps you, adds value to your life, gets you somewhere, and helps other people.
- Be open-mindedness and be flexible – A Yoruba adage says no one road leads to the marketplace thus on your life path, be vigilant for when life opens different paths and opportunities for you to get you to your destination. Such an attitude would make it easier for you to see new opportunities, conceive new ideas, focus on goals, and see things from a different point of view. And trust me, it will increase your chances of achieving success.
Lastly, I need you to learn from yourself every day, If you constantly pick the best traits of yourself into every day, 3 things are likely to happen
- you will learn more about the real you
- you will understand every version of yourself,
- you will know how best to apply yourself
And when you focus your 100% or 200% on the best version of yourself leaving out does things that don’t matter. You will start to be the person your destiny is ready to associate with and then Success is inevitable.
Let’s end this episode today with one thing you need to do right now and that is to Decide to achieve success in those important goals that matter in your life. Stop wishing success, decide to be successful and act accordingly.